March 27, 2008

Jacobean Socks Started!

I started the Jacobean socks for the Sock Knitters Pentathlon with the “Queen Kahuna Aloha” cast on. It’s really an easy cast on ….. I’ve tried others and will definitely be using this one again. I did increase the sts to 70 from 62 mostly to get them over my high instep. I'm using Knit in Color's Smooshy in the Ruby River colorway. I already have both toes done. Tonight it will be beginning the pattern. A lot of knitters have already finished this pair and most have said that they were "quick knits."

Weather ..... snow, again! In fact, we have a two-hour late start today because of it. I pray that all the young people make it safely to school .... it's still snowing at almost 9:30 and the visibility didn't look the best as I turned toward the high school. Time to get busy .... TLGB

No comments: