April 7, 2008

Knitting Progress

I've been working this past week on the Salish Sea socks from RCS December 2008 shipment. Well,.... I now have them back to the same point as when I frogged. Am almost ready to start the heels (they are toe-up).
I hadn't posted a pic of the Socks Pentathlon 2008 sock yet .... mainly because I didn't have much done. I am knitting both socks at the same time, so I guess there is some progress. Another toe up ..... I'm trying really hard to like them ... don't know if it's working or not. Here a pic of them almost through the first diamond repeat above the toe.
Our nephew Mark and his fiance Corbi are getting married the end of June, so I decided to knit them the Alpaca Ombre Blanket from Last Minute Knitted Gifts. DD had knitted a 100% alpaca one for a housewarming gift for herself when she purchased her home. Well, .... I chose Cascade 220 in three shades of brown/taupe and three of teal. I have the first two strips done, so it is a fast knit on size 13 circ. There will be a total of 11 strips.

No comments: