March 12, 2008

A Late Hint #5!

Hint 5 for SOTS 2 was late ... just finished it earlier this evening. The final hint, #9, comes out on Friday, so I am behind ..... but this is one item that will be finished. I hadn't done any knitting on the stole since the Des Moines Metro Knitters Retreat on Feb. 23-24 ... only did a couple of rows there. I decided to lay it aside and work on some "less Intense" knitting ..... yup, "mindless knitting". I did lengthen the stole by two repeats at the center of the stole, accounting for about 2.5 additional inches.

I'm been working on the January socks for RSC, Serendipity. I have both socks on ml finished through the heels ..... I did change the short row heel to a heel flap and heel turn. Hopefully, I can get them finished this week-end. I'm also in the SKP2008 KAL, so need to start those socks in some DIC Smooshy sock yarn.

While visiting dd last week-end in Omaha, visited the new and vastly improved Personal Threads LYS. Both of us purchased two different color groupings of Galway Worsted for the Infant/Toddler Tulip Sweater from Dream In Color. We both ordered kits with the DIC yarn, but decided to try other yarn. DD has 6+ friends that are expecting before summer is over, so she is already finishing her 3 Tulip Sweater. TLGB

No comments: