July 3, 2007

Yarn Crawl Acquisitions

While waiting for Cheryl and her knitting group to arrive at Border's, Alcariel and I checked out the knitting books .... I picked up two socks books, Knit Lit (short stories about knitting), Debbie Macumber's book with two short stories about Texas, and a Lori Wick book "White Chocolate Moments". Yes, I do love white chocolate, especially Lundt truffles. It's my "bubble bath" reading material for a while.

Alcariel and I just had to have our morning coffee, so we dropped in at Scooter's for a breakfast burrito and lattes. Then the "power" yarn crawl began. Cheryl, Alcariel, and I hit three yarn shops in Des Moines in 2 1/2 hours! The first shop we stopped in was in a strip mall across the street (to the west) of the Jordan Creek Mall. "Knitting Together" was a lovely shop. The shop owner was most gracious to us as we were "looking." Actually, as I entered the door I saw a lovely boucle wrap jacket that I decided would be perfect for school. So .... I was determined that I would make that jacket ... the pattern "Somerset" is contained in a book with twenty other jackets by Jean Frost. Also purchased a book of baby items by Dale and some medium pink Dale Ull for a sweater for my newest great-niece who's due mid-August.

At Purls, A Yarn Studio, I purchased two balls of alpaca in an
oatmeal colorway for a pair of socks .... also heel reinforcement fiber to match. Also purchased some Opal sock yarn for "Christmas socks" because of the red, green, and yellow colorway. When I got home I had almost an identical colorway from BMFA. Also bought another set of buttons for a vest that I've knitted from a wool/silk boucle (Parisian Nights) that I purchased on the yarn vacation that DD and I went on in summer 2005. These are what I've been looking for ... buttons that really look like they belong with the yarn.
At Creative Corner, I picked up some point protectors for dps and a hank of lace alpaca/silk in a pearl grey colorway..
I had the DD pick up some L & V colorways when she went out last
week to help Eliza with dying and record the weekly podcast. I received robot, samba, and merengue.They are colors that I don't have, so may use them for gifts for friends. TLGB


No comments: