July 11, 2007

Solstice Slip Is Complete!


Just finished taking pics of the completed Solstice Slip, RSC June selection. I knitted top-down starting with 3X2 rib for 8 rows, using a heel flap with 18 loops on side to accommodate my high instep, heel turn, and the toe from Knitpicks Twisted Socks. For the first time ever, I used the magic loop with Addi #1 (2.5) and was holding my breath as my two balls of yarn became smaller and smaller. It was a relief to not have to knit a second sock ... I did have to kitchener both toes, however, at the same time.

Now, back to the other socks I have to complete ... Broadripple from Knitty, Air-Conditioned from RSC 2006 but out of Trekking, and Crooked Cable from Sock Bug. Wow .... that's a lot of socks!

I'm also working on a shawl (lacy feather/fan) for a friend and just started a Sommerset jacket for school this year. It just reverse stockinette with a shawl collar, so that shouldn't be too difficult. TLGB

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

They're very pretty! I love magic looping 2 socks @ once and not having 2nd sock syndrome!