July 18, 2007

Greensburg - Here We Come!

I've just returned from the post office after mailing the 4th package of afghan squares for the people of Greensburg, KS, who lost their homes to a tornado in early May. Last weekend, Alcariel and I talked about sending enough squares (56) for an entire afghan. She had just purchased yarn on sale to use for that purpose. Well, with the squares I sent today, we are at 48 .... that leaves just 8 to finish before Aug. 1, actually July 26 for me since we are leaving for my brother's lake cabin near Brainerd, MN, the next day. Guess, I'll try to knit one every other day ... that should make it. Here are the pics from today's package.

The Central Air socks are on the magic loop and I have about 1/2 inch of the ribbing completed (I always have about 1 inch of ribbing at the top of my socks) . I'll be glad to get a little more done since the loop will "hang" better than it is now. The socks will be a bit different since after splitting the large cake of Trekking, the colors weren't close at all ..... too much would have had to be pulled off but that's okay.

I also need to get some rows done on the shawl for a recent widow. It is working out okay now that I've changed patterns and am alternating the Mountain Colors every 4/2 rows. Will try to get a pic when it is a little farther along.
TLGB

No comments: