July 23, 2007

Knitting Update


Here's the last five knitting squares for Rebuilding Greensburg KS - One Block At A Time. The DD and I will have sent a total of 57 squares since Memorial Day week-end. Each afghan will use 56 squares. We were going to stop at 56 but then my husband wanted to go to a movie last night, so I started #57 just before leaving so that I could knit in the dark of the theatre without any problem. Both of us are tired of the garter st squares, but have felt it very fulfilling. May God bless the people of Greensburg as they receive the afghans made by many knitters/crocheters from throughout the USA and the world.
I'm starting on the pattern st of the Central Air socks on magic loop. I had started my first sock on dps with Trekking XXL on dps and had the top almost down to the heel flap when I decided to "magic loop" them. The main reason was to avoid SSS because the yarn is so fine. I'm enjoying it knowing that both socks are at the same stage. I've chosen them for the SOM KAL on Ravelry for the month of August since I'll have free time to knit at least until I have to be back at teaching on Aug. 20. The KAL is just to finish a pair of socks each month through Dec. I have the first Broadripple sock finished in Knitpick Sock Garden - hydrangea colorway, so will probably finish that second one for Sept. Then, there will be another RSC selection here for October ... oh, my, there will be a lot of sock knitting in this house. Better get busy. TLGB

No comments: