July 17, 2007

Central Air to the Frog Pond

We purchased a new central air-conditioner a couple of weeks ago, and the weather this week is going to put it to work .... 95% yesterday and 97% today with a lot of humidity.

I have been working on Ravelry, a new knitting/crocheting community where you can "scrapbook" your knitting projects, display your stash or knitting library, and make wishes for future projects. There are many groups that you can join and communicate with fellow knitters from everywhere! I've really enjoy it, but had to wait about a month after my daughter, Alcariel, told me about it and I put my name on the list. Well, I'm glad it's summer and school isn't in session because I have been spending entirely too much time on Ravelry. Now, I think I've located all of my "dozing" projects and stash containers that I want to publicly claim .... sorry, but I'm not going to stash cheap acrylic yarn.

My daughter and I have been sending afghan squares to the Rebuilding Greensburg, KS, project, so worked on those the past week to send another dozen (4 dozen so far). Each afghan takes 56, so we hope to do eight more before Aug. 1. At first, only 20 afghans were to be made, but we've (all the knitters who participate) surprised Laura and she has raised it to 40 and maybe more by now. It has really been "mindless" knitting, but very gratifying.

One project that I had forgotten about was the RSC 2006 Central Air Sock. Here's what it looked like when I found it and took a pic by a new coreopsis named Creme Brulee ...what a appropriate perenniel for a caffeine addict like me.Anyway, I decided that tonight I was going to grab it to work on .... in Trekking XXl (colorway 100). Well, I noticed a mistake about 4 rows down, started to just frog to that point. Then I remembered what a joy it was when I knitted the Summer Solstice on magic loop, so I frogged the 4 inches and CO with magic loop. No need for second sock syndrome.

I'm also somewhat startled by the amount of sock yarn I had accumulated one or two hanks at a time. Well, .... I decided that the less expensive KnitPick yarns don't thrill me as much now, so I'm offering them for sale. I just show them in two containers, but plan to take individual pics tomorrow perhaps and put those on Ravelry. Check it out.

Better get started on the Central Air. TLGB

No comments: