November 28, 2007

Uptown - Almost There!

The Uptown Boot Socks from Favorite Socks have really been an easy knit for me. I just haven't had as much time as I would have liked to knit the past couple of days. These are to be my November socks for the SAM KAL. The yarn is Araucania that I received from my SP11 .... in fact, here's the debut of the wooden sock blockers that SP11 sent me. They're patterned after some antique sock blockers. Here's my progress so far ....

Early Thursday morning, 5:00 to be exact, we board a bus to head to Christmas in Branson, Missouri. We will return late Sunday evening ... that's Dec. 2. I'm going to take a pic of the finished socks with the date, so hopefully they will qualify for Nov. These will be finished on the way down since dh has said that he's going to be sleeping .... don't think that will last the 12 hour trip, though. I haven't decided which other WIP I will take .... probably the River Rapids socks that are about 1/3 complete and Pam's chevron scarf. Then again, maybe the entrelac purse that I've just started ... only have the foundation triangles done. TLGB

No comments: