June 9, 2007

More Squares for Greensburg

My daughter, Alcariel, came home this week-end for a friend's wedding. She brought five squares for the Greensberg project and finished a sixth before she went home. Well ..... I have four done when she came and completed two more so that we would have a dozen to send this week. I've tried posting with pics of all the squares and have been having trouble, so if only one pic shows, the other two have disappeared. Wish me luck! I will probably try to knit some more squares this week, too!

I started the Cozy shawl from Knitty in Mountain Colors Indian corn colorway. It really is turning out beautiful! Since the yarn is lighter weight than the pattern calls for, I increased the sts from 85 to 121 and am knitting with KPO #6 circ. The st pattern is showing up okay ... I'm only done with the first 8-row pattern repeat. Hopefully I'll be able to do 2 pattern repeats each day and get the shawl completed in about 30 days. We'll see???!!!!

I also have to do some serious sock knitting. I have three different pairs on the needles. The Broadripple socks from Knitty are about halfway down the leg on the second socks, the Crooked Cable Socks from Sock Bug are both on a magic loop with about 1 inch completed (but on both socks!), and the BMFA Air-Conditioned socks in Trekking are about 4 inches down the leg of the first sock. Wow! I do have a lot of sock knitting to finish.




No comments: