May 13, 2007

First Try with Magic Loop

I'm about finished with the gusset on my second KHTG sock, but decided that I wanted to work on something new .... so to the stash I went ... didn't take me too long.......I chose a colorway called Grandma for socks for a coffee friend who is a great grandma.
I tried two circs for the STR KHTG sock, but didn't like it at all. So, today, I took a 47" #1 Addi circ and decided to try the using the magic loop. Well, .... it took all of about 5 minutes to figure it out with directions I downloaded. I'm knitting Sock Bug Crooked Cable Socks ... so far everything is working .... of course, I've just done k1, p1 rib and the first pattern row. I guess you're never too old to learn something different ... I'm really enjoying it. And ... when I'm done, I don't have the knit another sock ... they'll both be the same, too! The pic looks a bit of a tangled mess, but it isn't. Once you've started, there's really only one way to go. Can't wait to get back to the loop!
TLGB

1 comment:

Carrie said...

The hardest part of two at once is the cast on, so you're well on your way! Well, the real hardest part is that if you make a mistake and want to keep the socks even, you have to rip out both of them.