August 29, 2007

Socks Done!


The Central Air socks are finally completed. The knitting was finished last week, but I just wasn't in the mood to kitchener the toes. Well, it took all of about five minutes today when I got home from teaching. I actually started these socks last spring on dps, but the going was sooooo slow, I never knitted beyond about 4 inches down the leg. When I joined the SAM KAL on Ravelry late in July, I decided that these were going to pay a visit to the frog pond, to be resurrected on ml, knitting both socks at the same time. The knitting went a lot faster.
Pattern: Central Air by Blue Moon Fiber Arts
Needles: Addi turbo #1 47" for ml
Yarn: Trekking XXL Colorway 100
Size: Ladies Large
I'm knitting on the mystery sock from Socktopia ... I'm really enjoying it. I'm halfway done the leg, 2 more repeats of the pattern to do before starting the heel which was just posted. I'm knitting those on #2 Addi Lace with ml. I don't like the "bump" on the needle when sliding the socks from the cable onto the needle. I could see how these needles would really be helpful with lace work ... they have the bump to catch on the yarn and also aren't as slippery as the other Addis. I'll finish these socks, but will put the lace Addi away to use for only .... lace.
I'm going to start on Pomatomus for my September socks for the SAM, but haven't decided on the yarn.
Suppose I'd better get busy knitting so I have finish another repeat of the pattern on my mystery socks.
Happy Knitting! TLGB

1 comment:

Zonda said...

Nice socks!! :)