August 14, 2007

Secret Pal 11

Hope I haven't forgotten anything. Here it is!
The Questionnaire
1. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? Wool/silk/alpaca - any combination - prefer those with multiple plys. What fibers do you absolutely *not* like? Fuzzy ones - mohair, angora - too tough to frog.
2. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in? I have my needles in a drawer of the cocktail table in the living room right next to my knitting chair.
3. How long have you been knitting & how did you learn? Since the age of 10 .... that makes 48+ years. My mother taught me for a Girl Scout bag I was working on .... a yellow, garter stitch scarf. Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced? Advanced
4. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list? No, I get all my knitting books from Knitpicks, usually saves $$$. Occasionally, I do pick up one at Border's. Those on my "wish list" from Knitpicks include #30805 Cables Untangled, #30922 Fitted Knits, #30826 Victorian Lace, #30897 Lace Style, and #30859 Felt It.
5. What's your favorite scent? My body chemistry reacts with a lot of scents .... sorta turns them all to a vinegary smell, so I don't wear many. Some lighter scents from Bath and Body Works do work. 6. Do you have a sweet tooth? Yes, don't we all? Favorite candy? Lindt truffles, especially white chocolate, caramel, chocolate mint.
7. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? Sewing, small quilted projects. Do you spin? No, but my daughter does .... I may have to learn after retirement, four years from now.
8. What kind of music do you like? Easy listening music - classical, Christian, country, but not too twangy/ Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD) Yes.
9. What's your favorite color(s)? Blue, rose, purple, red. Any colors you just can't stand? Green, orange, gold
10. What is your family situation? Husband, adult daughter living 200 miles away. Do you have any pets? Toffee, a miniature poodle, and Cozi, a Brittany spaniel who is my husband's hunting dog. 11. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos? Yes, yes, yes, and no to ponchos.
12. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit? Norwegian snowflake mittens, socks, shawls, any charity knitting project
13. What are you knitting right now? Two pairs of socks (I always have at least 2 pairs on needles), shawl for a friend, jacket for my cold classroom.
14. Do you like to receive handmade gifts? Yes
15. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Circs and dps. Bamboo, aluminum, plastic? Bamboo, rosewood
16. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift? Yes to both
17. How old is your oldest UFO? 3-4 years
18. What is your favorite holiday? Christmas
19. Is there anything that you collect? Willow Tree angels, small nativity scenes for Christmas decorations and of course, yarn.
20. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on? Oops, just ordered two patterns from TLE - see #4. What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have? Interweave Knits and Knit 'n Style
21. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn?Entrelac and practice with more lace knitting so that it becomes "easier."
22. Are you a sock knitter? Yes What are your foot measurements? Size 10 with high instep. I've found that the top down heel flap with 18 sts to pick up along the edge works best for me.
23. When is your birthday? February 11
24. Are you on Ravelry? Yes If so, what's your ID? Mamateja
Wow .... now I know what my students feel like when they are taking the 150 multiple choice semester test.

No comments: