August 26, 2007

Knitting Update

Yes! The August RSC envelope was in the mailbox on Saturday ... Alcariel, my daughter, had received hers on Friday. Lovely yarn and pattern .... don't think I'll knit the yarn in the pattern ...... thinking about Pomatomus ..... will probably do the pattern in lemongrass that I had purchased earlier this summer.
I just have to kitchener the toes on my Central Air socks for the SAM KAL on Ravelry. I plan to do that this evening.

I joined Socktopia earlier this month .... decided Cheryl from DSM was enjoying it, so why not! I have started the secret socks from there in Fortissima Jeans. The first part is a twisted rib for 1 1/2 inches and then a 14 row pattern is repeated 4 times. I've just began the pattern. I joined so late that I couldn't knit any of the theme socks, but Sept. will be different. As with most patterns, I'm modifying a bit because of my high instep .... just added 8 extra sts by adding 2 more st sts to the pattern either side of the cable .... do st st X4 instead of x2. Hope it turns out all right.
Back to knitting.
TLGB

No comments: