September 6, 2008

Mystery Stole 4

I joined the Mystery Stole 4 KAL a while back .... finally, Sept. 5th came .... time for the first clue. I thought that I would make the stole with some Zephyr laceweight that has been in my stash for a long time. Well, I started the stole today after returning from the last county fair held in my state. I had purchased the beads to use, but couldn't find them in the size stated, so got the next size up ... a little bulky for the laceweight yarn, so I frogged the first four rows and am going to be using BMFA STR lightweight in the Motley Hue colorway. The yarn works better with my beads, so I hope to start it again tomorrow.

Today was the "Day of the Frog" for more reasons .... I tried the Bubble Wrap socks from SockBug on while on the way home from the fair .... they were HUGE! I frogged 1.5 inches of 1x1 ribbing and two patterns repeats on the leg ..... of both socks! Yes, I knit two socks at a time on magic loop .... love the method. Since I started using ml, I haven't done any socks on dps. This is the first socks I've frogged, so I guess that's not bad ..... but I almost cried. I usually knit with STR lightweight ... but, the Rolling Stone colorway I chose was mediumweight .... I didn't notice when I started, so had cast on my usual 72 sts ....WRONG! Now I have the 64 I usually use with mediumweight, so things will come out better ...... or at least I hope so!

Happy knitting to all! TLGB

No comments: