September 29, 2008

I've Been Lazy!

I have been knitting ..... just haven't been blogging. The Mystery Stole KAL is coming along .... I've finished Clue 2 ..... Clues 3 & 4 are out, but don't have any beading, so should be a faster knit. I have taken pics ... just need to upload them.

I've been busy knitting baby socks for my great-niece's new son. I knitted a plain stockinette pair from STR mediumweight in the Bella Coola colorway (blue/green) and a 2x2 rib leg in Colinette Jitterbug in the Popsicle colorway (bright basic colors). I'm knitting them with the dps that came with my Wollmeise sock club this month. It's been a long time since I've knitted with dps ..... even considered magic looping two pairs at a time, but decided that the yarn would be a tangled mess. DH says that baby socks only take her about 1 1/2 hours per sock ..... mine are taking about 2 1/2 hours. I've never knitted anything so small. Yes, I did them with heel flap and gussets. Hopefully I'll have two pairs done before the end of the month for the SAM KAL (only one sock is left, about 3/4 of it), but I really want to do a couple more pairs before the end of the week when I'd like to take them to the new mom, dad, and son. Oh, this great-niece's dh purchased the acreage that was part of the farm where my maternal grandmother lived on when I was young .... what a coincidence. I'm anxious to see what changes have been made to the house, buildings, etc. Will post pics when I've finished the second pair.

Julie on Ravelry, the recipient of my angel scarf, sent me a lovely thank you box. Folded paper bookmarks (I'm already using three of them), some soap, a heart-shaped moisturing shea butter that smells minty, some lavendar body bath, and some lovely pics she's taken. Thank you, Julie!
Happy knitting, everyone! TLGB

No comments: