July 13, 2008

Socks That Rawk KAL

I realized last week that I didn't have any socks on the needles after I finished two pairs that were WIPs. Decided that I'd do the Spring Ahead Socks KAL that the Socks That Rawk group is doing this month. I chose lemongrass for the colorway, but it is mediumweight. I do knit quite tightly, so I'm using Addi 1.5 ml. I've only knitted about three hours total, but have already completed 1.5 pattern repeats (24 total rows per repeat) on both socks .... that leaves just 24 more rows until I'm at the heels. The repeat is an easy one to memorize, so don't have to refer to the pattern/chart.

I'm also working on the scarf for annadownya for the Ravelry Scarf Exchange. I've never done two halves and then a 3-needles bindoff, so that something new for this old knitter. The pattern and yarn is secret until it is received by the downstream pal, so a pic should be posted before the end of the month .... Aug. 1 is the date the exchange ends. I have all the goodies for the box, just need to finish the scarf ..... I'm about 1/4 done with the second half. I love this pattern with the yarn .... it's only the fifth one that I tried. TLGB

No comments: