July 20, 2008

RSE Completed!

The scarf for RSC is finished and almost dry from blocking. The other goodies are waiting to be sent to annadownya on Ravelry. Sorry, no hint as to what is coming. This exchange we were to make ourselves known to our downstream.......only the scarf details were to be kept secret. I found the perfect yarn in May, but not the right pattern for the yarn until almost the end of June. I did start four other scarf patterns, but none did the yarn justice. Hopefully, it will please annadownya.

The Spring Ahead socks for the STR June KAL are an easy knit. Even though the pattern calls for lightweight STR, I am using mediumweight STR so that helps. I'm doing both socks on ml and have the gussets about halfway knitted now. I hope to have the gussets finished before hitting the pillow tonight.

I signed up for the Adamas shawl KAL on Ravelry. I'm planning to using lightweight STR in Typhoon Tina colorway. I tried it on #7 and didn't care for the fabric, so I'm starting out on #5 the next time ....perhaps tomorrow.

Here is northern Iowa, it is really humid with temps in the low 90's, so really don't feel like going outside to do anything. DH is doing his usual Sunday afternoon activity ..... napping on the sofa! I'd like to go to the movie Mama Mia this afternoon, so that may delay more knitting a bit.

Back to knitting! TLGB!

No comments: