July 24, 2008

Knitting Update


My downstream on RSE has received her box, so I can now post the pics. The pattern was by Ann Norling and is contained in her pattern #46 Six Lace Scarfs. I used the "Lacy Leaves" pattern with 39 sts co. The yarn was Aslan Trends Class in a bright blue (cotton) with a twist of navy (viscose) to give some sheen. I used #7 (3.5 mm) KP Harmony needle. The scarf was directional, so I knitted the two halves and then did a three-needle bindoff, a first for me on a scarf. I had used the technique for years with shoulders of sweaters. Annadownya on Ravelry, a Floridian, was recipient of the scarf and was pleased. I knitted each half until a ball of yarn was about finished so it ended up being 10" x 84".


I started the Adamas Shawl KAL earlier this week, the 21st. Tonight I finished the 7th repeat of chart 2 which is half of the rows ...... but the shawl is growing .......so I'm about a third finished with it. I've found the written directions easier to follow than the charts, so have been using those. I knitting with BMFA STR lightweight in the Typhoon Tina colorway on #5 KP Options .... I just exchanged the 40" cable for the 60". I have about 1/3 of the first ball of yarn knitted, so will probably use two, possibly just a little of the third. I'm really enjoying knitting and my dh has actually complimented me on my knitting for once .... wow, that's a first (I think) in the 36 years we've been married. Here's pics of the shawl through the 7th repeat and also a closeup of the sts.

Time to get some sleep .....happy knitting ...... TLGB!

No comments: