December 30, 2007

SAM 5 KAL

I decided to join the SAM 5 as an incentive to whittle down the sock yarn stash. I hope to get the ten pairs of socks done (three are already finished) for my coffee "buddies" and then add more to my socks inventory. I absolutely have loved wearing knitted wool socks ..... the first time in my life when my feet have been warm!

When our dd was home for Christmas, she asked me to teach her to crochet so that she could make shower puffs from dishcloth yarn. Well ..... it took all of about 5 minutes and she made three puffs before she went home on the 27th. I've made two so far .... haven't used either yet .... one was gifted to a retired teacher (she's 85 years young) who thought they were so beautiful. The pattern is available here.

One gift that dd gave me was some sock yarn that she had spun. She had me pick the roving earlier this year ..... Crown Mountain Farms superwash merino in the colorway Magic Carpet Ride. It is sooo soft, it's going to feel great on my feet. Will post a pic after I get it "caked." TLGB

No comments: