December 15, 2007

Last Minute Socks!

Unfortunately, the last minutes socks are for DH, so they will probably be wrapped as a WIP, that's what dd suggested. I took the stitch pattern from Thuja, but since I'm using CTH sock yarn in the Java colorway, I had to increase the sts to 72 from the 44 for wstd. I'm about 5 inches down the leg (both socks are on ml), so will at least get started out on the feet before Christmas comes. The sun is shining today, so should be able to get a good pic outside on the snow.

Oh, the spoiler to their completion is the fact that the high school where I teach decided to have semester tests before Christmas and finish the last 7 days of the semester with a "learning" experience left up to the individual teacher. Well, my classes are year-long, so I'm just continuing with the regular plans. It does mean, however, that I need to type my test this week-end instead of during Christmas vacation.

Today is going to be the finish getting decorations out for Christmas.... the last three years the dd has had to work (she's a nurse), so wasn't able to come home. We took Christmas to her .... even a 2:00 a.m. Christmas dinner for the floor nurses in 2004 and 2006. This year, SHE'S COMING, so I need to really get all the Christmas "stuff" out. Hopefully I won't forget or can't find something that she really remembers. Then .... there's a pile of gifts to wrap .... just about everything is purchased except for a couple of stocking stuffers.

Even with all of the "busy-ness" of the season, please remember the real reason for celebrating. TLGB

No comments: