December 6, 2008

Christmas Stocking Swap

This morning I packed the box to send to my swap partner on the Worldwide Christmas Stocking Swap on Ravelry. I always try to stuff the large priority mail flat rate box from USPS with yarn, a pattern, some goodies, some knitting "gadgets, and items of interest to the recipient. This time there were a couple of "empty" spaces that I filled with a wad of bubble. As I was returning home after sending it off to mamaphdknits on Ravelry, I had a "bright" moment and remembered what I forgot to send ..... the cat treats and the marker I'd completed before Thanksgiving. Well, I'll just have to send those closer to Christmas. After the package is received, I'll post the pic of the completed stocking. Package has been received, so here's the pic.
Pattern: John Stocking from Berroco (free pattern)
Yarn: Plymouth Galway worsted
Needle: KP Harmony #6 & #8 circ
Pattern modification: Only did 2 1/4" of ribbing instead of the 4 1/2 called for and made a 4 inch long 6 st I-cord for a holder (secured it at the bottom of ribbing on the inside and about 1" from the top of the outside.
This was a fun pattern to knit, but there were many ends to work in when I was finished .... some just could not be carried.
Need to get to knitting on dh socks that will be placed in his Christmas stocking this year. I've done that the past four years ..... the first year was khaki and green plain stockinette with Brown Sheep's Wildfoote, next came the 3-ply Bigfoot socks (k3,p1) in three natural brown shades Classic Elite Inca alpaca, and last year was with CTH superwash sock in java colorway (brown, tan, grey). This year is with Trekking XXXL in navy, grey, green, and burgundy .... just getting subtle striping. I'm doing them on ml with 1.5 Addis, so it's slow going..... both at the same time .... I'm almost down to the heels. I'm going to add reinforcement thread ... haven't ever before .... just had some to try.
That's all for now. Happy knitting! TLGB

No comments: