November 19, 2008

Holiday Theme Swap

I decided in mid-October to see if there were any Christmas swaps on Ravelry ..... I found two that were still accepting sign-ups - The International Christmas Stocking Exchange and a Holiday Theme Swap. The latter was to send $30 minimum with some of the items of any holiday from Thanksgiving through Christmas. The boxes were to go out Nov. 15, but the larger flat rate boxes I ordered from USPS didn't come until Monday. After classes I packed the box and left it at the post office here about 4:40 to be sent to Franklin, Ohio, to MnMgirl on Ravelry. Well,.... MnMgirl mailed hers at 4:35 the same day ..... today it was delivered to me a little after noon. I checked tracking on the box I sent and it arrived in Franklin about the same time.

Then I read the card ...... discovered we are both alike in swaps ... we tend to go a little overboard.....but then I began to enjoy all the goodies.

She sent creme brulee and Irish cream coffees, Lindt white chocolate truffles, soft peppermint sticks, a tin of Altoid mints, two orders with little pockets on the back for goodies (pencils and a small post-it pad), Christmas paperclips, another post-it pad, a Willow Tree angel of learning, Better Home & Gardens Collector Edition of Cookies, denim colored sock yarn from HazelKnits, a snowman window stickee and snowman tissues, Snausage treats for the dogs (They said,"Woof and Yip."), a wooden closure for shawls, and M&M frig magnets for the holidays.

Cozi and Toffee waiting for a treat.

Last, but not least, here's the beautiful tissue paper in which each of the items were wrapped. She even tossed in some silver tinsel bits.

No comments: