October 10, 2008

Monkey Socks

On August 18, I began another pair of socks with STR mediumweight in the Rolling Stone colorway that was in my stash. I had actually purchased it for a chevron scarf for a friend, but didn't care for it with the Silkie in the Lunasea colorway. I hadn't decided on the pattern, so I just co 64 sts and did my 12 rows of 1x1 rib that I like. On Sept. 30 I decided to knit a pair of Monkeys by Cookie A. I had knit some for dd a couple of years ago for her birthday, but had never knitted myself a pair (dd did gift me with a pair a year ago). They are a pretty quick knit. I try to complete the 11 row repeat daily ... some days I don't make it, but they are almost to the heel flap. These are to be my October socks for the SAM 2008 KAL.
This week I signed up for a Christmas stocking swap. I have two Christmas stockings to knit for a teaching friend here, so need to get those finished, too. I was a late join, so haven't received my downstream yet. The mod said that they were still accepting members. I think that it will be fun. Another swap I joined was the Holiday Theme Swap on Ravelry, too. You send yarn, a pattern, plus items to either do with Thanksgiving, Christmas. Hannukah, etc. A lot of fun, I hope!
Happy knitting! TLGB

No comments: