October 23, 2008

Christmas Stocking Update

I'm so excited ..... I've finished the leg, heel flap, and heel turn on the Christmas stocking for the International Christmas Stocking Exchange on Ravelry. I just learned about this swap earlier this month and the moderators said they would accept people until Oct. 15. Well, I received my partner's name the next day and started to stocking ..... I'm using Plymouth Galway yarn in the basic colors of red, green, blue, purple plus white. It has really turned out well. I did do the slip st heel flap instead of just a st st flap .... thought it would be more substantial. I've collected most of the "stuff" for the sock even though it will not be inside the sock .... fits better in the flat rate USPS boxes. I took a pic of the leg of the stocking earlier today, but won't post pics until the box has been sent ...the date is to be before Nov. 15, I believe. So ..... pics will be up after Thanksgiving.

I've also been working on a scarf for the husband of one of my coffee friends. He said that men's scarves aren't ever as soft as the one I knit for his wife last Christmas. He will find out when I'm finished with it.

No comments: