January 18, 2008

Secret of the Stole II

A couple of weeks ago, I signed up for the SOTS ii KAL. I haven't done much lace knitting, so decided that it would be a good idea. Then..... that terrible sinus infection hit. Well, .... I finally got around to ordering the yarn from KP - Shadow in the Lost Lake Heather colorway .... on Wednesday. Yesterday, I got an email that it had been shipped. Better yet, KP Options fixed circs now come in 40" and 47" for those who ml. Yes, I did order those, too! Gotta get the free shipping!

I had some KP Shadow in a blue colorway (not enough for the stole), so I decided that maybe for the first time ever, I would do a swatch. I've always started my knitting, checked my gauge and if it was okay, continued knitting. I was halfway through it last night, liked the look, and frogged it. Today after the first step was published, I decided to do the complete swatch between loads of wash and letting the dogs out. The temp have been hovering close to zero all day with windchills in the -teens degrees ..... school was first two hours late and then was cancelled when there was no relief from the bitter cold. So, as I usually do on a "snow/extreme cold" day, I decied to knit the swatch. Here's the pic ..... I used #4 KP Options .... I almost think I may use #3 for the stole to give the fabric more stability. I just wet blocked it and took a pic. I have a mistake in the center pattern, but know what I did and didn't feel like tinking two rows ..... not on a swatch!
The rest of the week-end I'm going to try to complete the Cascading Leaves socks that I've been knitting from the handspun sock yarn my daughter did for me as part of my Christmas gift. The roving was Crown Mountain Fibers in the magic carpet ride colorway. I'm knitting both socks on ml on what I thought was an Addi (had been purchased as such somewhere), but there isn't any writing on the cable that's on Addis and it was a US size. Well, the socks are looking great with me just starting the decs for the gusset. I had just read on someone's blog that there was a problem with counterfeit Addis being sold on Ebay. I haven't ever purchased from Ebay, but a couple of places where I buy do get things sometimes. That's must be what happened.

Time to head upstairs to bed. Happy knitting and TLGB!

1 comment:

Nautical Knitter said...

Your swatch looks great. I hope you are enjoying the first hint to the Secret of the Stole II KAL!