October 7, 2007

Socks Started

I've cast on two pairs of socks on ml this week-end .... both from Sockbug. One of my coffee friends had "ooed and awed" over some KP Memories yarn (dc'd now) in the Carnival colorway, so I started the Riber Rapid Socks for her. I'm about halfway into the second pattern repeat (16 rows) and have to do three, I believe, for the leg. This summer when in Minnesota at my brother's lake cabin, I purchased some Jitterbug in the popsicle colorway, a lot of bright, basic colors. It is being knit as the Bubblewrap Socks for someone .... may even be me. I've just knitted about 1/2" in k2,p2 rib, so don't have much to show. Maybe some pics will come mid-week .... that is if the sun is shining for good pics.

Today after church, dh and I took off for the nearest yarn shop ..... about 70 miles away ..... ugh! Their fall hours are Wed. through Fri 10a-6p and Sat 10a-5p..... not open Sunday at all! I do have enough yarn, but just wanted to get some more Addi circs for socks. I tried starting a pair of socks on dps, but just couldn't get going on them. Guess the SSS was already attacking me. We did visit two WalMart in the area and I was able to purchase some items I wanted for school and a few other things, too. Suppose I'd better get some more papers corrected. TLGB

No comments: