October 28, 2007

A Chevron Scarf, Finally!


I had ordered some yarn from BMFA earlier to make a chevron scarf for a friend who is very particular. Well, I just didn't feel like starting something that she might not like. Then this past week when DD visited, she knitted on her chevron scarf while we at "coffee with the ladies" and my friend really like hers. So ...... we looked at my boxful of BMFA yarns trying to determine what I had ordered. I knew that the black onyx (shaded black/grey) was one but couldn't decide on the other. DD remembered that it was STR Love-in-Idleness (blue, fuschia, green, burgundy). I did about 3 repeats and didn't care for that ..... used STR Rollin' Stone instead ..... same thing. I then tried Rollin' Stone with Lunasea (Silkie) .... didn't like it. Finally, I did the Lunasea and Love-in-Idleness. Here's the first 3-4 inches. The different isn't as subtle as the pic shows. Not the best sunlight today. TLGB

'

No comments: