February 18, 2007

Somethings started......something ended!
Started the Bundle of Joy baby afghan for fellow-teachers who are expecting their second child.....but the first girl! I had some Lion Brand Pound of Love lavender acrylic on-hand, so decided to use that. Well......it is the softest acrylic that I have ever used.....the price tag on it was $7.95, so the price was good too.....well over 1000 yards. The afghan calls for a 3 inch garter st border and then adding the sides after by picking up the sts along each side.....well, I decided to just do the first and last nine sts in garter st also.....seems to be working out pretty well. I've knitted about six inches so far.
Started the eye of partridge heel on the Dublin Bay sock in the LS gendarme colorway.....only have one repeat of the 4 row pattern, so still haven't decided if I like it or not. If not, I'll just rip it out and do my usual heel.
Also have about 10 inches done on the LH scarf with the leftover DB Cashmerino bulky in a med. blue colorway......what remained of the shawl I knitted for Alcariel at Christmastime. I had a little over two balls left, so should be able to make a narrow scarf.
Those are the "started" things.......now for the end....... This morning after getting up before six feeling fine.....a terrible case of diarrhea hit me for about three hours......hubbie went to church alone while I spent time in the bathroom.....I slept for three hours late morning/early afternoon and haven't made any return trips to the bathroom. YEA! hope it stays that way.
TLGB

No comments: