February 15, 2007


Some completions...

Since our daughter came for my birthday last week-end, a lot of productive knitting was done....a couple of sessions until midnight. What else can you do when the weather is soooooo cold but knit.....knit......and knit some more.The week-end I was at Alcariel's for her birthday, I purchased some Malabrigo in the China colorway to knit TYH scarf with a single hank. She likes earthtones,.......the color is brighter ......actually a shaded dark rusts, brown, and coral/orange. I may try again with a darker background.




I finished socks from Classic Elite Inca Alpaca yarn I purchased last summer while on vacation......the most expensive socks I'll ever make.......didn't check the yardage and had to buy more yarn before we came home......total cost......$37!!!!! It was a 4-ply with different natural alpaca colors ranging from black-brown to medium taupe. He's definitely worth it.......I sure hope that they wear well. I used the Big Foot pattern by Jen Showalter/Mean Girl Design.......think I got it from KPC. Works well for high insteps and at least to size 13.




How's this for utter cuteness.......is that good English??? Alcariel and her pal Phoebe in the matching dog sweater and fingerless mittens that I've shown before......

only now together.


Also finished knitting the Lucy bag from a friend's handspun llama yarn.......just need to kitchener the handles and felt it....maybe tomorrow. The commission was fiber for Alcariel to spin....she went back with three colors to three-ply. Also took samples of the others colors.



Our bell choir from church is hosting a handbell workshop this Saturday, so will only be able to knit between the 45 minutes practice sessions for the songs we will be playing. A friend who's also a member is a beginning sock knitter, so we should have some time to knit together.

Hope to finish the Dublin Bay socks in LS colorway gendarme this month also.....here's the one sock I've started......really like the way it is turning out.


Hope everyone had a "lovely" Valentine's Day.

TLGB

1 comment:

Cheryl said...

The Gendarme is pretty. More gold that I expected, but that's okay, I like gold.

The Harlot scarf and Malabrigo are perfect companions. I wear mine all the time.