January 7, 2007


One project done!
I've made some "intentions" instead of "resolutions." My one intention is to complete at least two things each month......one may be a UFO that's been lying around. Well......I knitted a dog sweater for my daughter's dog from Mountain Colors Twizzle for Christmas...... was I crazy or what.......it was, however, the perfect color .......Bitterroot rainbow. The dog sweater was suppose to take the majority of two hanks at $23 per....well, I just barely started using the second hank. So......I've made Alcariel some fingerless mittens for dogwalking or whatever ....she didn't want "whole" mittens. One of my coffee friends acted at model on Saturday......with my nutshell latte. YUM! After working with this lucious yarn........wool/silk....I think I may splurge next summer and buy enough yarn for a sweater for me from the same colorway.......it will work well for school. Oops....adding to the stash,....huh?
Another intention is to knit socks for my coffee friends.....nine ladies! That should deplete the sock yarn stash some....I've at least asked for the shoe sizes for over half of the ladies....now just to get started. First, however, is to finish the Inca alpaca (from Peru) socks I'm knitting my husband....am almost finished with the gusset (only 5 more decrease rows) on the second sock....then I'll be on the home stretch.
Tried to pay for STR club today.....Blue Moon is experiencing website difficulties, so will have to try later. Even though Alcariel and I can't have a mom/daughter knit night, we are participating in the club so we will be doing something together.....although apart. That's all for now.

No comments: