January 18, 2007

One sock done.........beautiful fiber!


I've half an "intention" for the month completed. One Monkey sock
is finished from Cherry Tree Hill merino in the Gypsy Rose colorway. I still have to decide which UFO will be done.....but there's still 12 days left in the month. Since I have a high instep, I did increase the pickup loops on the heel flap by six......worked well. I have the second sock started with the top ribbing completed and about half of the first eleven-row pattern repeat. I completed the first sock in about 10 days, so shouldn't have any problem with this one other than just sticking to the job until it's completed.



The fiber story........a friend who happens to raise llamas, as well as many other types of animals over the years, is also selling the fiber. She asked if I would knit her a felted, pleated bag from Two Old Bags with some of the yarn she has spun from her fiber. Decided that when she asked what I would charge that it seemed good to trade.... barter..... whatever you want to call it! Since my daughter, Alcariel, is spinning now in addition to knitting....hmmmmm......she just might like some of the fiber.....she chose the rust-colored in the upper right and the dark grey in the lower left corner. If anyone is interested in the fiber, make a comment with your email and I'll send her email. It is clean, soft, beautiful......
Better get back to the sock.......TLGB!

No comments: