December 30, 2006
One thing I wanted to do over Christmas vacation was organize my stash. Well....mission is accomplished, pretty much! Decided to buy an armoire.....nothing fancy.......one from Sauder that took about two hours this morning to put together. All ten plastic sweater containers with yarn in them were carried up from the basement.
I had hoped that all the containers would fit in the top part, but no such luck...so, each drawer ended up with one container. Other items.....waiting to be felted, blocked, sewn together......were placed in the drawers, too. In the top on the right are three containers of sock yarn......for 35 pairs of socks. Alcariel, my daughter, however, has yarn for 55 pairs! Must run in the family! The other container on the right is my "miscellanous" .....a skein of this, that,.....nothing particular planned for its use. On the left in the top two containers is yarn for sweaters.......two summer sweaters and a Celtic vest. The other two containers have my yarn for felted items....whether is be a purse or a hat. Along the left are the French market bag my daughter knitted for me as well as a cheap purse that I sometimes use to carry my knitting.
The top drawer has a briefcase that I knitted this past summer and haven't felted it yet......I got two magnetic clasps on a yarn expedition to the Twin Cities, but have misplaced them.....need to put them on before I felt it. The plastic container has Cascade 220 for Christmas stockings.....just in case I feel the need to knit some.
The bottom drawer has some Brown Sheep handpainted yarn from a yarn vacation my daughter I took in summer 2005. I really didn't plan on getting one particular colorway, but the clerk packed it in the bag and I didn't realize it until we were in the motel room that evening.....someday I'll have something knitted with it. The last thing is a Sophie purse that I made for one of my coffee buddies.....just need to kitchener the i-cord handle and felt it.....maybe next week.
Blocked two Christmas presents a couple of weeks ago, but didn't post them since the one was a reading shawl (Sandra Stole pattern from Borealis Yarns in the Twin Cities. It was to be made from Sandra by Schaeffer yarns but I chose DB Cashmerino Chunky) for Alcariel, my daughter. The other is a Faina scarf from Fiber Trends that I gave a coffee friend. For blocking, I used a 4x8 sheet of 3/4 inch foam insulation, cut it in half, duct taped the two halves together on one side, folded it in half and taped the cut edges together. It really makes for a nice blocking area......can be put on a bed, table, floor, etc.
Posted by Mamateja at 3:01 PM