September 20, 2007

Awesome Packages!

Yesterday as I was driving between schools, I listened to a voicemail from my dh informing that TWO boxes were awaiting my arrival home from teaching. I could hardly wait! I had signed up for four different swaps on Ravelry ... Caffeine Addicts Swap, Ravelry Scarf Exchange (to be completed by December .... I'm 75% done), Christian Knitters Dishcloth Swap, and Secret Pal 11.

Here's what was in the box I received from my Caffeine Addict spoiler. Two bags of coffee from a local roaster in Jackson, Michigan -- one an organic, fair trade coffee Mexican H. G. Chiapas (which I'm drinking as I blog post) and the other called Black and Tan which is 1/2 Ethiopian and 1/2 Mexican. YUM! and so appropriate since I teach Spanish. Also included were two matching mugs, one purple and the other green. DH suggested that we try them out after supper last night .... he chose the green one which is his favorite color. A lovely coffee picture .... almost shadow boxlike rounded out the "coffee stuff." Then the candles - one in a "believe, Faith, LOVE" tin and the other a three scent pillar of pure vanilla, sugar cookie, and cinnamon roll. The yarn was gorgeous - Mountain Colors Bearfoot in the Alpine colorway and Sinfonia in the Matizado Azules colorway. The latter is a 100% cotton sportweight yarn from Mexico that I usually double-strand for dishclothes. This one, however, will be single-strand in a Garterlac dishcloth. Also included was a small notebook which I needed since I had just emptied the one I keep in my purse for "lists." Thanks to scorpiongoddess from Jackson, Michigan.
Next was the padded envelope from my SP 11. Its contents included pens (a small set of 5 colors, a Statue of Liberty pen, and a Post-It highlighter complete with little marking tabs), ladybug playing cards, chocolate-covered sunflower seeds (YUM for both dh and me), a 14 month mousepad,a lovely journal notebook with a note from my SP, two tubes of "stuff" for the bath, a Coke key chain, and two end of line bookmarks. Now for the yarn stuff - some Araucanía sockyarn in the Ranco Multy colorway (already caked and ready to knit!), a needle sizer, six stitch markers in a lovely bright pink tin, and a small project bag with a yarn grommet in the zippered top. Thank you to my SP from Georgia ...... at least that's on the return address.
TLGB

1 comment:

Michelle said...

I am so glad you liked everything! Enjoy!