April 22, 2009

Mystic Roses KAL post frogging

Have I ever made frequent trips to the "frog pond" with the MR shawl. The first fifty pattern rows seemed to through me off when the rows ended in "7"......27, 37, 47 ......well, now I'm going along fine. This is a slow knit with a lot of cf, cb, c1f, c1b sts. The chart reads c1f and directions tell you that the second half of the chart should be c1b instead ..... I do have one complete row on that side that has c1f ..... it hardly shows to me, so maybe with blocking it will be okay. I just finished row 75..... there are 98 rows in the first clue, but the others range 20-40 rows. Of course, the rows are becoming longer ..... by the end, I expect to taking over an hour per row. The one good thing is that the ws rows are k2, p to last 2 sts, k2. Quite a relief every time! My goal is to have this completed by the Estes Wool Market in mid-June. If not that .....then for Sock Summit in August.

Happy knitting! TLGB

No comments: