January 10, 2009

2009 Intentions

I've finally decided on my knitting "intentions" for 2009. Finish wips -
Joe's scarf 50% done - finished & blocked 1-11-09

  • Darcy's felted purse just need to kitchener the i-cord handle and felt

  • MS4, a beaded stole 75% done

  • SOS2, 80% done

  • Felted cabled briefcase - sew-on handles and magnetic closures and felt

  • Jodi's Nordic mittens - finish top of last mitten and both thumbs

  • Tulip sweater 80% done

In addition, I intend to knit 1-2 pairs of socks each month (many of mine are starting to show wear), continue learning lace knitting by trying more difficult articles especially an Estonia shawl, and knit at least one sweater each for dd and me.

Right now, I'm working on a commissioned pair of socks from a silent auction at church. I had four pairs on display, sold only one of those pairs, but had said I would knit any color. Our associate pastor wanted a pair for himself and his wife. I'm doing both socks on ml and am almost ready to start the heels on the wife's socks made with Skacel Trampoline - red, orange, yellow, blue, and green colorway - in the Mad Color Weave Socks pattern.

Also, I'm starting a KAL with Beth's Yarn Shop with Cascade Eco-Wool in a darker taupe color in the Hemlock Ring Doily Throw. The shop is about 100 miles away, so I'm knitting from a distance. I should have started on Thursday, but had a class for teacher re-cert, so will start tonight. I will have gotten a lot of suggestions from the gals already knitting on round 20+.

I'm anxiously awaiting the start of the Ravelry Scarf Exchange 3. I've been in all three exchanges and also knitted an additional "angel" scarf for someone whose partner bailed out. I've received scarves from Scotland, and Oregon. My scarves went to Massachusetts (angel scarf), Florida, and Maryland. I enjoy keeping in touch with the swap pals. What a way to meet on-line friends.

Happy knitting. TLGB

2 comments:

Julie said...

The angel scarf is getting lots of wear this winter and keeping me toasty warm! Sounds like you have some great knitting goals for '09.

Mamateja said...

As I reread them, I wondered if I shouldn't be retiring this year instead of two years from now. The year will be full of knitting for sure.