May 6, 2008

Progress on Jacobeans!

Wow! It's been a long time since I started the Jacobean socks for the SK Pentathlon on March 26 .... usually I have them finished within three weeks. I didn't make the deadline, May 1, but they are the next socks to be completed. I have about an inch left before I start the heel. Since I've been eliminated from the competition, the pressure is off and they will be completed this month for the SAM5 KAL. I haven't decided if I will do the short row heel on the pattern or do my usual heel flap.

The past week I have been knitting on them, the afghan for my nephew's wedding the end of June, and the Ravelry Scarf Exchange. The afghan is almost halfway finished, so I'm at least on schedule with that .... besides, it will get warmer one of these days and I won't want a heavy, wool afghan resting on my lap. Happy knitting and TLGB!

No comments: