March 15, 2010

Kai Mei Socks ... done!

After knitting dd socks from Cookie A's Sock Innovation, I decided that I'd like a pair, too. I picked the Kai Mei in STR's colorway Lucky. I've have knitted most of my socks on magic loop in the past 3 years, so that's what I started until it came to the gussets. I just couldn't make it work, so I took each sock off, frogged what little I had done, and ended up working them individually on dpns until I was ready to knit out the foot. When placed back on the circ, I place the lace pattern gusset with the instep on one side, the "plain" gusset and sole on the other. That way, I would work a m1 on the sole and do the dec at the edge of the pattern to make it "travel" across the top of the foot. When I was finished with the pattern, they fit my size 10 foot perfectly. Here's a close-up of the stitch pattern.
Happy knitting! TLGB

1 comment:

Miss Stormy said...

Love the colour - they came out beautiful! :)